Relief and Healing for Sacroiliac Pain
Saturday 18th January
12 – 1.45 pm.
(all online bookings are final)
Many of us experience lower back pain at some point, which can be a result of forceful over stretching as well as repetitive common habits we do in our daily lives and on our yoga mat. In this workshop we will learn:
- The natural range of motion for the SI joint and lower spine,
- What movement patterns, on and off the mat, aggravate the SI joints and what are the key types of SI dysfunction.
- How male/female anatomy differs in this area.
- How we exert leverage on our SI joints and how this can cause problems in our Yoga practice
- 8 things we do in on our mat that can adversely affect our SI joints
- Learn a simple practice to alleviate SI discomfort, learn some sacral reset movements and how to adapt our practice to prevent future SI dysfunction and pain.
Eligible for 1 CEU
Heather Morgan is a E-RYT 200 teacher and YACEP (Yoga Alliance Certified Education Provider). She has been teaching since 2008, in addition to continuing her own education. She was part of a research program at The Desert Pain Institute looking into the use of alternative therapies, including Yoga, to help relieve chronic pain, and has studied under Donna Farhi, who advocates teaching and practicing using self-inquiry, where students can investigate, adapt and evolve their practice to honor their individual needs.